Sunday, 26 February 2012

Sending You Hugs

I made this card with my sister in mind. Been thinking of her a lot lately and I miss her. Besides, she could do with a hug. ;-) For this card, I sought inspiration from 2 challenges: The Play Date Café Colour Challenge #120 and Card Patterns Sketch Challenge #154.


At first glance I thought no way is that that colour combo going to work...but it did and I actually love it. Here's my card:
I've used 2 paper lines here: the background panels are from MME' s "Pretty Please" collection  and the foreground floral panel is from WRMK's "Travel Light" pack. This is such a versatile collection I've used it for every occasion. Love it!
The greeting is from Waltzing Mouse's "Say It Loud" set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto a piece of soft blue CS cut with Spellbinder's Grommet Tag die. I inked the CS with TH's Bundled Sage distress ink and attached 2 eyelets from Papermania's Capsule "Sunshine" collection.  
The flower is by Prima, with an orange button in the middle and a little flower-shaped bling in the centre.
Some green satin ribbon and plenty of stitching complete this card. 
That strip is a die cut using Spellbinder's Classic Petal Edgabilities.

Thanks for dropping in today. I hope you enjoyed your visit and I'll see you again real soon!

5 comments:

  1. I like the eyelet detail, and the stitching you used.
    Thanks for joining the CardPatterns-Challenge,
    Mia (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Asha, and I love that you finished off the inside, too! Your layers are fantastic, and your sister will treasure it always! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Asha. I love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forget about this pretty set from WZM, you've used it so beautiful too! I love how you've used that gorgeous bold bloom. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this, such a cheery card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa. Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...