Friday, 24 February 2012

It's a Boy!

This is literally a last-minute card. Card Patterns Sketch #153 linky will be closing shortly and just had to squeeze this card in. I made it for a friend who just delivered her 4th perfect baby boy this afternoon and as soon as I got the call I set to work! Why? Well, I plan on taking the card with me for the visit later this evening. Too soon, you think? What can I say - she's insisting she's fine and can't wait to introduce the little man to her world. I'm not going to argue with her... not today! Here's my quick and simple card:

For my background I embossed soft blue CS with the Swiss Dots folder by Cuttlebug. The patterned papers are left-over bits from WRMK's "Travel Light" pack.
The greeting is from Personal Impressions "Double Sayings" set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I did some dash lines with a Promarker pen. Of course the satin ribbon had to be blue!
I did some stitching and added a few pastel brads by Woodware to the centre of each square. I punched some white CS with X-Cut Decorative Border Punch Lace Trim and adhered it to the panel.  
Simple trim on the inside leaving me plenty of room to scribble!
I'll be off in a tick. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great week-end!

P.S. With just 36 mins to spare I managed to squeeze in this card over at CES Challenge #73 - Spots & Dots.

4 comments:

  1. Wow a brilliant card, love the patchwork, congrats to your friend, thanks for joining us at CES this week, karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/02/52-card-pickup-week-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card for a new baby boy! And lucky you, getting to deliver it in person. Wonderful stitching and choice of patterned papers! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute...I hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-9.html

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...