Thursday, 2 February 2012

Have a Happy Day

The last January sketch over at Skipping Stones Design is a fun and bubbly one...I kid you not! When I saw Sketch #113, I couldn't think of anything other than tropical paradise, waves, sea spray, big bright flowers etc. I imagine somewhere like Hawaii or the Seychelles, the Maldives... But how can I put all that onto a card? Not an easy task when its freezing outside but I tried...and tried, and came up with this:
The background is some blue CS embossed with Cuttlebug's "D'Vine Swirls" folder. Then I lightly ran TH's "Faded Jeans" Distress Ink pad directly over it to accentuate the raised swirls. The sentiment is by Papermania and I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black.
The patterned papers are from Kate Knight's "Totally Tropical" pack. Odd choice in winter but I love these bright bold designs. Just what the doctor ordered! I used Nellie Snellen's Multi Flower (MFD020) dies to cut out Kate's papers. I found the perfect ribbon in my stash - love those butterflies!
The focal point is the Prima flower, which I attached to the card with a shimmery brad by Papermania.
As always, I could say no to a few blue blings... I just had to!
I could bear to throw away that little strip. The pattern is so cheerful and just had to use it!

Thanks for stopping by my tropical post and I hope you'll come back for more!



3 comments:

  1. Asha.......You did a wonderful job of incorporating the tropics in the dead of winter! LOL Thanks so much for joining us at SSD this week for our sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving these bright colors and the fun swirly background! Way to rock the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that paper is so pretty and I love how you used it! Very nice card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...