Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Easter Rickey

SSD Sketch #117
A few days ago we treated ourselves to a couple of Raspberry Lime Rickey mocktails. (We're going without alcohol of any kind this Lent...so far so good!.) As I watched the bartender wield his magic I was completely mesmerised by the vibrant colours that went into this "im-potent" potion. I don't know what possessed me but I actually thought those colours would work on a card. A couple of days later, the card is made but I'm not so sure I like the colours.  I'm posting it anyway for the world to see my good, bad and downright ugly! I'll come back to this card in a few days, hopefully then I'll look at it with kinder eyes.  (PS - My apologies to Skipping Stones Design #117 - the sketch deserves better!


 I embossed the bottom half of a square 5" lime CS with Craft Too's "Daisy & Swirl"  embossing folder. The patterned paper on the top panel is from MME's "Pretty Please" pack.

I lightly dabbed some TH's Brushed Corduroy distress ink over the embossed section to bring out the design and attached a piece of sheer brown ribbon in an attempt to tone down the green. 

The medallion and flower are die cut from  Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents set. Did some stitching, played with Crystal Stickles and held the whole lot down with a frosted brad by Papermania. 

The sentiment is from Paula Pascual's "All Year Round" set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out with Spellbinders Standard Circle die.


That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping my and I'll see you soon with another little something to share.

Beijinhos!

BRAG UPDATE: When you read my post, you'll know that I had little (if any) hope for this card making a mark in the big scary world. Blessed are the weak...and this little fella was singled out by the kind folks at Skipping Stones Design. Please check out their blog... and you'll be amazed by the talent on display. Thank you, SSD, truly!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it is nearly as bad as you think it is! This is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week at SSD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that doily diecut! Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Skipping Stones Designs!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...