Wednesday, 15 February 2012

CPS Card 11: Have A Happy Day

CPS 5TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
JAN 29 - FEB 18, 2012

CPS Sketch #170
Day #11 at the CPS party means it's time for Card #11from me. Today's host is Jennie Harper and her sketch of choice is CPS #170 from June 2010. For my card, I stayed true to the original sketch. I went with green as the predominant colour and red to break the monotony. I made this card for a girlfriend. She's currently basking in the victory of her football team - they've made it to a final of some sort and she's positively delirious (with lucid intervals!). You may have already guessed it - her team sports the colour green! Here's my card:

The patterned papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection by Tina Higgins. For the ribbon border I used X-Cut's Border Punch on some pine green CS.
I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it in using Promarkers. And I could not help but play around with some Stickles for her dress ! 
I used Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles to cut out the image, did some stencilling with TH's Antique Linen and hoisted it up on some pop dots. ...and then I found myself reaching out for more bling...oh well, why resist!
Here's the inside of the card: a simple border ... in green!
And that completes card 11. Thank you for dropping by and I look forward to seeing you again for the unveiling of Card #12   ;-)

Here's a recap in case you missed my earlier 10 cards in this celebration series:

Day #10: Happiness
Day #9: Masculine Birthday
Day #8: Pink Swans
Day #7: With Love
Day #6: Speedy Recovery
Day #5: Thinking of You
Day #4: Hi Cupcake!
Day #3: Best Friends
Day #2: Apron
Day #1: Teapot

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CPS!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...