Monday, 6 February 2012

CPS Card 07: With Love

CPS 5TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
JAN 29 - FEB 18, 2012

CPS Sketch #242
Yay! I've made it to Day #7...you could call this the half way mark...8 more creations and it's the finish line. Today we have the talented Jen Buck as our host. I like her "stuff" and she's picked this gorgeous CPS Sketch #242. It's tough to do justice to this sketch...nothing seems good enough. Anywho, here's what I've come up with...an alternative Valentine's card, or just an all occasion love card. I think I like it. Difficult to tell, maybe I will in a few days...

The patterned papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection " Aqua" by Tina Higgins. The flower by Prima is held down by a glitzy brad. I cut the white CS of the image and the blue layer with Spellbinder's Reverse Wonky Rectangle.
The stamp is by Adam Pescott from his Bentley Bear series, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I kept the colouring very simple using both Promarkers and Caran d'Ache Supracolor pencils. I also inked the lower third of the image with TH's Peeled Paint and the upper third with TH's Faded Jeans.
The sentiment is from the same stamp set, again with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I cut the blue CS with the same Spellbinders die. With the help of a ZIG Glue pen I adhered some red fine glitter on the heart. The smaller heart is sitting on a foam dot.  
A strip of that lovely Tina Higgins paper on the inside.

That's it for Day #7. Thanks for being here and I hope you'll join me again for Day #8.

Here's a recap in case you missed my earlier 6 cards in this celebration series:

Day #6: Wishing You a Speedy Recovery
Day #5: Thinking of You
Day #4: Hi Cupcake!
Day #3: Best Friends
Day #2: Apron
Day #1: Teapot

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...