Saturday, 4 February 2012

Belated Birthday

Karola Witczak
There's a new designer, Karola Witczak, over at CASE Study and she's starting us off with this beautiful card as this week's inspiration piece. The details on this card are simply stunning, not something I would even attempt to CASE. So for Challenge #76, I offer you my simplified version. It's a belated birthday card...yes, I admit it, (very) rarely I do forget... ;-)

I'm using a red card base with 2 layers: cream and black. The patterned papers are form Cosmo Cricket's "Togetherness" pack.
I tore paper the paper squares, scrunched it and inked the edges with TH's Rusty Hinge distress ink. I didn't stick the pieces down completely, instead used a glue dot in the middle of each.
The sentiment is from Personal Impressions "Double Sayings"  stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and I inked the edges with a touch of TH'S Antique Linen.  I probably should have curved the stamp to follow the shape of the banner. The banner is from Spellbinder's Ribbon Banner set. I adhered it using several layers of foam tape.
Here's the inside: scallop trim with some of the background paper.

 Thanks for stopping by. See you at the my next post.


5 comments:

  1. I love your modern take on this vintage-y style card! The bold colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab simplified version of the original CASE Study card! I love that you decorated the inside too!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage feel of your belated birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! I really like how you distressed the paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous distressed panels and i love that sweet ribbon and bow :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...