Thursday, 26 January 2012

With Love

CAS. Love it but I can never get it right. I am very heavy handed with the embellishments. This inexplicable need to fill empty spaces with everything and anything. And so, CAS still eludes me. But I never stop trying. Here's my effort for CASE Study Challenge #75, which is based on this super CAS card by Jen Rzasa:

And here's my take on Jen's card:
I used kraft CS for my card base. No patterned papers but I dry embossed a piece of white CS with Crafts Too' Daisy and Swirl Embossing Folder.  Then I layered it on some red CS. The borders were cut using Spellbinders Edgeablilities Classic Petal Border and the same red CS. 
I coloured in the little embossed hearts with Sakura Stardust Red.   
I die cut Spellbinders Labels 23 on some red CS and the white CS was given the Spellbinders Beaded Circle treatment. Then I stencilled it using TH's Tattered Rose distress ink. The greeting is by Adam Pescott which I stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa. I used the ZIG Glue pen on the hearts and sprinkled some red glitter. Finally, I adhered the whole thing down with some foam tape.  
Nothing fancy on the inside. I stuck down the same border and planted some hearts over it.
Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!



5 comments:

  1. I love the clean colors of this card. The embossing was a subtle yet elegant touch - where did you get the folder from? It's so cute! Wonder if it would work with the cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The folder is by Crafts Too and it most definitely works with the Cuttlebug! I bought mine on-line from www.dottie4crafts.co.uk
      If you have trouble getting it let me know. :-)

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful card! I love it. I'm like you, I have a hard time with CAS. The more it has on it, the better I like it. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sweet, luv the "love" them...so cute. Hope your week is fantastic!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sweet card! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...