Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Vintage Valentine

I've been wanting to try my hand at vintage. Trouble is, I haven't the foggiest what that means! Is it Victorian? Lace? Pearls? Or just plain old? With this fog in mind I'm turning to Card Patterns Sketch 149 for inspiration. I like the shape; looks cute...looks like it could be made "vintage"... looks like another Valentine card!  Here it is... vintage through my eyes:


I cut the card base out of pink cs using Spellbinders  Circle die. Then I ran some red CS through the BigShot with Spellbinders Heart Circle die.  The patterned paper is from Fancy Pants "Wishful Thinking" pack, cut with Spellbinders Eyelet Circle die.
I did some inking with TH's Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Crushed Velvet and Tattered Rose.
The mulberry roses are supposed to aid the vintage look. Are they?
The greeting is by Papermania and I stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. I cut the pink heart with Nellie Snellen's Heart die (MFD022) and inked the edge with TH's Crushed Velvet and Vintage Photo distress inks. Finally I added the pearls.
On the inside, some more inking and a sprinkling of hearts!

I'm also posting this card over at CropStop for challenge #54. This week it's about all things vintage ;-)
Over at Make It Monday #73, you'll find a pile of cute cards. Make a stop at the Craft Room where this fortnight's challenge is all about Valentine - you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for dropping by. See you at my next post!


17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! You sure can do vintage!! The shape, papers, colors, and details are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a difficult term to identify, I agree. I always think of it as something I would find if I opened up a keepsake box from my great grandmother. This circle scallop card of yours is just beautiful and you've certainly combined some very nice vintage elements. The sprinkling of hearts on the inside is a nice touch too!


    Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
    Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card! I love the color combinations and the decoration inside the card - sometimes I forget to decorate the inside of my cards :(. I'm a new follower too and can't wait what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card! Saw it on on Make it Monday and I'm glad to have dropped by :) I love the way you decorated your card on the inside too, the heart confetti looks so cute. It also reminded me that I have forgot to do the same for mine :P
    Radhika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgous!! Love it :D Saw it on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great! Love how you carried through to the inside! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, it is beautiful, saw u at MIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful valentine, gorgeous shape and great inside too :o) thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-room challenge. Good luck. Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this definitely has a vintage feel..it's all open to interpretation..your card is really pretty and love the little details...Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful vintage style card, I love the design, and the detail you've used. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous vintage Valentine! Love the design and the hearts inside. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Vintage Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely valentine you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card love all the vintage details you have added. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty and I love the vintage touches, thanks for joining ua at craft room challenge, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card shape. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely vintage card, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love this card! It's just gorgeous! And I have just ordered some of these dies!
    What a sweetheart Xiara is and I am so sorry for your loss. I am a cat lover & it broke my heart when I lost my cat "Mickey". The words you wrote under the photo of Xiara made me cry because I feel the same way...if love could have saved him he would have lived forever.
    Many thanks,
    Sunshine, New Zealand
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...