Monday, 16 January 2012

Vintage Roses

A couple of days ago, while I was digging into my stash of papers and I found a wad of 6x6 which I labelled "Vintage Roses". There's no cover sheet and I cannot tell where or when I bought it... if I did actually buy it. You see, this collection is not the stuff I'm drawn to buy. I suspect I was given these papers or they came as a free gift with a crafting magazine. I like vintage, but there's a certain "granny" quality to these papers which doesn't appeal to me. That probably explains why it has been untouched, until now. I forced myself to find a way to use it..."versatility in style" being my mantra. Over at the Card Patterns blog I found my victim in this week's sketch challenge #148. Here's my take on the sketch:
I picked the same design with different background and stitched the pieces to a base layer of green CS. I inked the edges with TH's Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo distress inks.  


I cut the red heart is cut with Nellie Snellen's Multi Frames "Heart" die (MFD022). The greeting is from Papermnia's Wedding set. I stamped it with Versamark, applied Metallic Gold EP and heat set it.


I used Fiskars scalloped edge scissors to cut a piece of white CS, rubbed some of Tattered Rose ink and touched the tips with Vintage Photo.  


The 1" sheer green ribbon and bow tones down the "granny" effect... (I hope!) 


Finally, I added the white blossom and pearl swirl (it rhymes!) to brighten up the card. 


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed this visit and I'll see you at my next post.

Beijinhos!

BRAG UPDATE: Wooohooo! I made to the Super 6! Beside myself with glee! Please hop on over to Card Patterns to see the rest of the wonderful creations.

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful vintage look valentine! I love it!
    Kathe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, really love this! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beuatiful! Love those rose papers you used!
    Thanks for joining us at cardPatterns.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...