Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Thinking of You

Masculine cards can be such a pain. Choosing the right manly paper is nothing compared to the gruelling task of picking appropriately hunky embellishments. I made a card today for send a friend who is strung up after an unfortunate skiing mishap. I used Card Pattern's Sketch #150 for my Get Well card. It's very girly sketch and I gave myself a real challenge by also opting to use traditionally girly accessories - ribbons and bling. Here's my macho card:

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's "Pyrus" pack. 
The greeting is by Papermania, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on SC which I cut with Spellbinders Labels 23 dies. I did some zig-zag stitching over the scallop edged panel, just to man it up a bit! I guess tying a bow probably didn't help the cause...oh well...  
I stitched all the panels with blue floss. ..blue for boy, right?!  I adhered the die-cut labels with foam tape.
I added some green ribbon which I ruffled and adhered down with red-liner tape (Sticky Strip). Not a very rugged addition, I know... 
A little colour on the inside.

I've also linked this card over at Make It Monday #74 .  It's all about ribbons (Challenge #56) at Do You Stack Up and I've sent my card over there to sit pretty! "Text Me" - that's the theme at Shelly's Image, just the place for my text only card! Stop by these blogs and take a peek at some fab creations.

That's my card for today. Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you at my next post!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ... inside & out! Great job on your ribbons and stitching! Thanks so much for joining in our “TEXT” challenge at Shelly’s Images! I hope you’ll come back for more fun next challenge!
    Darlene
    Shelly’s Images DT
    MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the colours and papers. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Remember, to be in the running to win second prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you decorated the inside with matching paper! Thanks for playing in our "Text Me" challenge this week at Shelly's Images. We’re so happy you joined us! ~~Sammibug,~~ Shelly’s Images DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...