Monday, 2 January 2012

A Simple Thank You

I was looking for a simple sketch for a thank you card and found this from the Card Positioning Systems blog. I was drawn to its simplicity, especially after the opulence and extravagance of the holiday season. Some left over bits and pieces from Cosmo Cricket's "Togetherness" paper pack found their way into this card.

Here's my take on Tami Mayberry's sketch:





The card base is blue and measures 4.25"x5.5". Only 2 layers for this card: the background is on Eco Vanilla CS which I inked with Tim Holtz's "Vintage Photo" and the horizontal strip is on Spanish Red CS.  


The greeting is from Personal Impressions "Round Tags", stamped on Turquoise CS with Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it in Bigshot with Spellbinder's Eyelet Circle die and adhered a little blue rhinestone in the centre of the flower. 


I ran some blue satin ribbon and tied a double loop bow. It's not so obvious in the pictures, but I dotted the middle of the flowers in the background paper with some stickles....(could help myself!) 
























As usual, I hand-stitched all the layers. I think it gives the card a homey feel. 


Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...