Thursday, 5 January 2012

Sending You Hugs

I love card challenges and the ones I've played so far have been sketch challenges. And then I stumbled upon The Play Date Café. This week's challenge is the first of 2012.  There's no sketch for PDCC#113, just a colour brief. This week's colours are Juniper, Mint and Vanilla. Pretty - love that combo. So soft and soothing.

I played around with stuff from my stash and came up with this 4.25"x5.5" landscape card:

The papers are from a very old stack by Papermania called "Rose Garden". I think I got it free with a magazine at least a couple of years back and I never used it, until now.  The sentiment is from a clear stamp set, called "Sentiments", also by Papermania.
The image is from  the "Time for Tea" stamp set by Beth Gunnel. I coloured in it with Caran d'Ache Supracolor pencils and Zig Detailer Tip Waterbrush. I cut the oval with Spellbinbers Classic Oval and inked the edges with some TH's Antique Linen Distress Ink. I cut a piece of Vanilla CS with Spelbinders Beaded Oval die, stencilled it with more Antique Linen and adhered the image with some pop dots. 
The centre panel is a piece of mint pearlescent CS which I ran through the Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.  The green patterned paper in the middle is called "Rose Mint" from the same paper pack. I inked the edges with a little Antique Linen for definition, and added some cream organdy ribbon - that's close enough to vanilla, I guess!  
In spite of using some really girly floral papers, I felt the need to add more flowers - go figure! Good sense prevailed and I stuck just one white blossom. 
I also stitched all the panels with some cream floss. The card is kinda poofy - oh dear! Another hand delivery... 
For the inside, I trimmed the floral paper with X-Cut Flower Doily Decorative Border Punch and adhered it to the bottom of the card.

I've also shared this card on Make-It-Monday and Papertake Weekly. There are so many cards there for inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

7 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty!! I love the soft colors, the oval die, and how you decorated the inside, too! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soft and feminine a lovely card
    Thank you for sharing on Make it Monday .
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    This is a very pretty card. Such pretty, feminine papers.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of color...I would love for you to link up with my new card making meme, 52 Card Pickup here...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-1.html!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we're so happy you stumbled upon the Play Date Cafe! Glad to have you play along with us. :) THis stack of teacups is oh-so-sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet Asha. Love that little stack of pretty tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in with the anything goes challenge at Papertake Weekly. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...