Monday, 9 January 2012

Sending U My Love

I wasn't planning on making another Valentine's card for the CASE Study #72 challenge. What with the balloon theme, the obvious choice would be birthdays. Then I thought maybe there's room for balloons on a Valentine's card. And here it is, a red heart on a hot pink card! Does it get more cliché then that?!
The patterned papers are form Papermania's Confetti collection. It's actually a wedding paper pack but works for all kinds of lovey cards. The die cut is from Spellbinders Beaded Oval set, which I stenciled with TH's Tattered Rose. And on each bead I adhered a pale pink rhinestone from Papermania's colour wheel gems. As usual, some hand-stitching to frame the card.
I cut he red heart with Nellie Snellen's Heart (MFD022) die. I wrote the sentiment using Zig Emboss Write applied Stampendous White EP and heat set it. I stamped the balloons and paper-pieced it.  
I adhered the layers with some foam tape.
A little organdy ribbon to side for a softer look. I like the way the grey helps tone down the pink card base.
Here's the inside. I also did some stitching to match the front of the card.

I've also shared this card at The Paper Shelter and Stamps R Us where you'll find tons of inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you at my next post.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card love your image and your beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! Love the pink and gray combination. Your beautiful card also reminds me that I need to work on the insides of my cards too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card.. Thanks for sharing it with us at TPS.. Good luck with the Challenge. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Valentine's card, love how you did the inside too! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! Thank you for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Thank you for joining in our challenge at Stamps R Us
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...