Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Martha

First MojoMonday of the year and just in time for a birthday card I need to make for my friend, Martha. A nice little sketch and the fish-tail banner is something I've been wanting to incorporate in my cards but never quite knew how.

Martha is into bright bold patterns. And my brand new Basic Grey "Piccadilly" 6x6  pack was screaming for attention. I love this paper pack, its got everything from vibrant to cosy. A must-have for BG fans. Anyway, on to the card:

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's "Piccadilly" 6x6 pack. The greeting is from WMS "Basket Additions" which I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on to Ivory CS. I ran it through my Bigshot with Spellbinders Fleur-de-Lis Nested Rectangles die and stencilled it with Tim Holtz's "Tattered Rose" Distress Ink. 
I blinged up the die cut with some iridescent rhinestones. A couple of red roses and a pink carnation adorn the top left corner. There's also pat of a white paper doily peeking from behind the black banner. 
On the inside of the card, I adhered a 1" panel cut in the same fish-tail banner as I did with the black panel in front.  The green panel with the floral pattern is also from the "Piccadilly" pack. I coloured 3 clear rhinestones with black Promarker and stuck them above the green panel.
I stitched all the panels. Lots of texture and dimension on this card . It's got to be hand-delivered!

And if you love Basic Grey as I do, then make sure you check out Basic Grey Challenges for some awesome creations.


Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

4 comments:

  1. beautifully done, love the Dp and all of the details. Happy Bew Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love this paper! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, what super BG papers, another pad to add to my shopping list !

    Very elegant card, I love it.

    Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Love this card!!!
    Thanks so much for joining in the "Something New"-challenge over at BasicGrey Challenges

    *hugs*
    Angélique

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...