Thursday, 5 January 2012

Make a Wish

January is a busy month for me - quite a few birthdays cards to make and send. And sketch challenges make it easier in that at least I don't have to crack my head over what to do. And for this birthday card, I leaned on Card Patterns Sketch 146 for guidance! Its a pretty little sketch and I couldn't wait to get started.

Based on that sketch, here's what I came up with:
The patterned papers are from Cosmo Cricket's "Togetherness" pack.  I stitched all the panels and then inked the edges with Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I trimmed the sides of the centre panel with X-Cut's "Lace Trim" Decorative Border Punch. The red rhinestones are from Papermania's ColourWheel Gems.
The stamp is from Personal Impression's Round Tag set and I used Memento Rich Cocoa on white CS. The dies are from Spellbinders Circle Eyelets and Classic Circles. After cutting, I inked the edges with Vintage Photo.  Then I added a green rhinestone flower just to break-up the brown-fest I had going on.
The sentiment is also by Personal Impressions, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. I also added a flower trim to hold down that tag.
I mounted the die-cuts on foam tape.
On the inside the cut the same papers using the X-Cut Border Punch.

Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card! Great colours and combinations of patterns. Love the inside, awesome idea. Great take on the Card Patterns sketch!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...