Sunday, 15 January 2012

Just the two of us

I made this card for Sketch Challenge #110 over at Skipping Stones Designs. It's actually a neat little sketch, pretty straight forward. But it took me 3 days to come up with my entry. It's one of those "things" where nothing seems to work. I dug deep into my stash...nada!
Finally, after several false starts (and stops) I decided to call it a day (or three) and just went ahead and took the photos for my blog. Here it is! I'm not thrilled by it, but hey, I've made worse!  ;-)
The idea was to make a love card that would work all year round (talk about getting your money's worth!). This would work for Valentine's Day, Anniversary or as a make-up card after an argument about leaving used socks under the bed!
The papers are from MME's "Pretty Please" pack. The stamped image and sentiments are from Papermania's "Anniversary" set.  I stitched the panels because ..... it's what I do! ;-)
I die cut the pink CS with Spellbinders Fleur-de-Lis Rectangles, inked the edges with TH's Tattered Rose distress ink and applied Liquid Pearls around the border. I also inked the stamped image with Tattered Rose after fussy cutting it. 
I stuck a pale pink mulberry paper rose on the side, applied some clear rhinestones and smeared some Crystal Stickles to create a misty effect. I used a mini glue dot to adhere the blue organdy ribbon to the stalk.
Foam squares give dimension to the focal image. 
Kept the inside fairly simple with some stitching around the white panel.

Thanks for visiting. Hope to see you again at my next post!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! Love all the layers! Thanks for joining us in this weeks Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty- love the colors! Thanks for playing along with the Skipping Stones Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely beautiful card! Wow! Thanks so much for joining us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...