Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Just Married

Not a Valentine's Day card...for a change! But not off the ball park with this card I made for a "surprise" wedding we'll be attending in early Feb. Let's not speculate the whys and wherefores. I'm just thrilled for the happy couple and secretly pleased that I have an excuse to make a love themed card that is not for Feb 14. For this card I turned to Come and Get It for inspiration. This week's challenge is based on this sketch which is sooo cute and a pleasure to work with. Here's my take on this sketch:
The papers are from Papermania's Confetti collection. I love the subtle romantic colours in this pack. The card base is a square 4.25".
I cut the frame using Spellbinders Nested Heart Circles and Classic Circles dies, to showcase the lovebirds.  I adhered pink rhinestones around the frame.
The hoisted up the frame on some pop dots for dimension.
The greeting is from Papermania's Wedding set. I stamped it on white CS with Memento Tuxedo Black and adhered a sheer lilac bow below it. 
A simple scallop edged panel on the inside.
I've also linked this card over at Papertake Weekly for this week's Buttons, Bows, Bling and Blooms challenge. I've got the bling and bow ;-)

Hope you enjoyed this visit and I look forward to seeing you at my next post.

3 comments:

  1. Great job using our sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. I love the little hearts in the pink border...Spellbinder? Thanks for taking part in this Week's Come and Get it Sketch Challenge. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Card. Pretty paper and die cut.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...