Tuesday, 24 January 2012

It's a boy!



I have 2 baby boy cards to make and so this week's MojoMonday sketch came in handy. The blocks remind me of a nursery - perfect! Choosing the papers was not that easy. I knew what I did not want: rattles, bunnies, balloons etc. Crate Paper's "Toy Box" had what I needed. Here's what I've done with the MojoMonday Sketch #225:
I rounded the corners of the base card. The base layer is a piece of kraft CS which I embossed with Cuttlebug's "Swiss Dots" folder. The papers are from Crate Paper's "Toy Box" pack. 
I rounded the corners of all the layers and did some stitching.  And what screams baby boy more than some soft blue gingham ribbon?
I die cut some dark blue CS with Spellbinder's Rectangle Fleur-de-Lis and the white CS with Spellbinders Beaded Circle, which I stencilled with TH's Faded Jeans distress ink. Then I stamped the greeting from Personal Impression's Double Saying set with Memento Tuxedo Black.  The tiny blue pearls are supposed to add interest to the label.  The little bottle charm dangling from the blue gingham bow... definitely a baby boy card! 
Foam tape...don't think I could make a card without it!
On the inside, some of the blue patterned paper used on the card front, a small scalloped border courtesy of Fiskar scissors and a sentiment from the same Personal Impressions set.  There's a little smudge... oh well. I'm hoping the baby won't notice it! ;-) 

I've also linked this card over at Make It Monday, which is bursting with fab cards!

I'm glad you made it to my blog. See you at my next post?

4 comments:

  1. what a great card. It caught my eye on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card!! The papers are perfect for a baby boy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sketch lent itself perfectly to your wonderful card! Just love the paper choice you decided on. That ribbon and charm are gorgeous additions as well! Beautiful card. :D

    Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
    Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha

    This is just fantastic!! What a great way to use up small scraps. Such a brilliant sketch. You have done a terrific job of co-ordinating these wonderful papers.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...