Friday, 20 January 2012

Hello!

I made this card for the Color Throwdown Challenge #175 . This week's colours are Ivory, Kraft, Olive and Red. Great combo - unpretentious warm colours; just what we need when it's freezing outside. The fairy lights in the picture led me straight to this starry paper from Basic Grey's "Life of the Party" pack. Instead of a love themed card, I decided to go for a friendship theme... so I could send it to anyone at any time of the year.

I made a 4.25" square card in Kraft CS and ran it through  the Bigshot with the largest  die in the Spellbinders Labels 19 set. I did the same with the Ivory CS and patterned paper from Basic Grey's "Life of the Party" pack. I stitched around the paper. 
I tied a bow with some olive satin ribbon and attached it to the top of the card with a glue dot. A couple of red brads on either side of the label and some light olive gemstones at the curves of the Ivory CS complete the frame. 
The greeting is from Personal Impressions Round Tags set, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Stampendous White EP.  I used Spellbinders Standard Circles die to cut it out and matted it on olive paper from Basic Grey's "Pyrus" set. I cut and embossed this piece with Spellbinders Labels 20.   
 Both layers of the Labels are sitting on some pop dots. I inked  all around the kraft CS with TH's Vintage Photo distress ink.
The inside is pretty simple. I cut out some white CS with the Labels 19 die and inked the edges with TH's Antique Linen. The card is now ready for a personal message!

Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you at my next post!


  

3 comments:

  1. Great card...I hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice card great to see a different shape card

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shaped card! I love it's simplicity! Beautiful job! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...