Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Hello, Birdie!

Here's a simple card. No patterned papers, no bling, no buttons. I made this for the Round and Round We Go challenge over at CropStop. I'm not very good at making round cards: don't really know how to dress them up nor to stop them from rolling about! That's a challenge and a half!

I decided not to fuss about with patterned papers, embellishments and such. Instead, I focused on the image and coloured it in with my Caran d'Ache Supracolor pencils. Finally, I added a triple loop bow to finish the card - and that's about as fancy as it gets.

The card measures 3.5".  I used Nellie Snellen's Multi Frame dies MFD011.  The card base is white and I ran it through the Bigshot with Crafts Too "Daisies" embossing folder. Then I inked it with Tim Holtz's "Peeled Paint" Distress Ink.
I stamped the image by Adam Pescott using Memento Tuxedo Black. I coloured it in with Caran d'Ache Supracolors and Zig Detailer Tip Waterbrush. I kept the tip dry-ish because I wanted a grainy / hairy look for texture. 
Uniball White Gell pen helped with the faux stitching.
I adhered each layer with some foam tape, Added the ribbon bow and that's it!

Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable mini card! Thanks for joining our CropStop "Round and Round" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card! Many folks don't go all out on bling; so this simple look is quite pleasant! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! Love the stitching! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...