Friday, 6 January 2012

Going for Gold

Todays's post is a card for Challenge #52 over at CropStop. The brief is to use gold on the project. Great! What I really wanted to do is to make a card for Epiphany...you know, Tree Kings, Gifts, Gold etc. Ideas I had plenty but it just wasn't happening. So I decided to make an anniversary card for a dear couple who will be celebrating 50 years of wedded bliss next month. I still have a month to go, but no harm in starting early.

What can I say about Joaquim and Joanne? A sweeter couple I have not seen. He still holds her hand, opens the door, pulls the chair, helps her with her coat. She still laughs at his silly jokes, fusses over him as only a wife can. And every Sunday, they are seated in the same spot at church. Does life get any better than that?

JJ (really, it's how their known to all their friends!) are simple people and their interests include rambling, bird-watching and bridge. Neither are into frilly foo-foo stuff. So the card has to be simple with clean lines and not over the top. This is what I've come up with for them:
I used coffee and black CS for contrast. The patterned paper is from a stack I got from our local craft store: gold swirls on pearlescent cream background. I stitched all the panels with gold embroidery floss from DMC's Metallic Effects range. The rhinestones are from Papermania. The black ones are really clear rhinestones which coloured with a black Promarker pen. The swan is from Nellie Snellen's Multi Frame die set called "Heart" (MFD022).
I stamped the sentiment from Papermania's Confetti "Anniversary" set with Versamark, applied gold embossing powder by Sticky Fingers and heat embossed it. I ran the CS through my Bigshot with Spellbinder's Fleur-de-Lis Square die.
The die cut squares and the swan are sitting on foam tape. For the swan I used black foam squares so they wouldn't show when looking from an angle.
For the inside, I stuck a strip of that gold and cream swirly paper.
Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love your gold stitching. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! I'm sure they will be thrilled with it!
    How nice to hear of a long lasting and wonderful marriage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the back story. Makes the card that much more special! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining CropStop's “Go For the Gold” Challenge!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coffee, black and gold combo! Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness this is so elegant! wow! Thank you for joining in our CropStop GOLD Challenge.
    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...