Thursday, 12 January 2012

Floral Thank You

Thursday is CASE Study day. I like being able to create from inspiration instead of a sketch. I tend to be too compliant with sketches...and feel bad when I don't do as I'm told. That's Catholic school education for you! ;-) 
This week's CASE Study Challenge #73 is about negative die-cutting and we are encouraged to be inspired b Jen Rzasa's card shown here. I love the simplicity of this card, white CS, no fussy embellishments, simply gorgeous.
Here's my take on this week's brief. No patterned papers on the card front in an attempt to emulate Jan's clean look...without much success. Can't say I didn't try!
The card base is pale pearlescent green. The image is from a stamp set that came free with the Jan2012 issue (#100) of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. I used Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle Nestabilities to create the window and did some stitching to frame the card.
I used Promarkers to colour the image. Kept it simple by using only 2 colours for each flower and leaf - no fancy ink-work. I wanted the colours to pop against the white background. That was the plan, anyway! Despite my best efforts, 3 rhinestones forced their way onto the card...so much for simple!
I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the butterfly and adhered it to the CS with pop dots.
Finally an aubergine seam-binding bow to complete the card.
On the inside, I layered the the white SC on some green paper from Basic Grey's "Sweet Threads" 6x6 pack, stitched around and applied a strip of dark green CS, which I punched using X-Cut's Leafy Lace Decorative Border Punch.  

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you at my next post!


7 comments:

  1. Asha,
    You may not have achieved the look you were going for, but your card is just gorgeous! It is so cheerful when the winter blahs are getting to us. I love your card--very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Perhaps, someday soon, I'll make that elusive minimalist card.
      Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. Love that sweet little window on this card - it takes the negative die cuts a step further!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your window too, and like you I can't resist those gems. I struggle with the clean and simple look, your card is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, this is so pretty! I love your colouring, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. from one good Catholic girl to another...this is fabulous!! I feel the same way about some sketch challenges...that's why I got hooked on CASE Study when it's just inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! Your coloring is wonderful, and the addition of a bit a bling to the flower centers is just perfect. Love how you added the bow under the window! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...