Thursday, 19 January 2012

Birthday Boots

This card was inspired by my husband's flair for sewing. True, the man can sew. Nothing fancy, mind you. Just the odd missing button...sometimes. The finish is always rough, I should say raw. Little bits of thread sticking from everywhere. That made me think: is it a man thing? Do they not believe in finishing the job? Or is sheer laziness rooted in the belief a woman will come along get the job done right?

I made a birthday card based on Sketch #141 from Sweet Stop Sketches. A sweet little girly sketch...not after I was done with it. Mine is most definitely a man card: unfinished stitching and boots complete with untied laces. It's perfect for our rambling buddy who swears that day old stubbles improve the hiking experience! Go figure!
I used lime green CS for my card base. The patterned papers are from WRMK's "Travel Light" pack. I rough stitched the panels.  The stamp is from Dovecraft's Sentiments set stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. 
I purposely left some stitches lose and crooked with raw edges. 
I cut out the boots from a "Man's World" pack by Paper Cellar. The background is black CS which I cut and embossed with Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 19. I attached 2 silver eyelets (Woodware) and ran some plain baker's twine through - untied laces! 
Here's the inside: stamped the greeting again just to make sure he gets it! ;-)
I've also linked up this card over at Shelly's Images for "Show Us What You've Got".


Thanks for droppin in. See you at my next post? Ta for now.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love the boots. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous birthday card Asha. Love that image! Great coloring... and the stitching is awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome guy card! Love how you finished the inside too! Great job! Thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the layering and colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome masculine card! The stitching is fab! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just lovely - and so beautifully constructed! Thanks for joining us on our "Show us what you got" challenge at Shelly;'s Images this week.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    SHELLY'S IMAGE DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...