Thursday, 26 January 2012

Birthday Blues

Masculine cards are not easy for me. A man's taste? Over at our house it's a quarter pound steak, a mountain of fries with a gallon of beer on the side.  Do men even appreciate cards? Do they treasure cards as keepsakes, safely tucked away in a shoebox? Yeah, right! So why do we even bother? I do it because it makes me happy, so there! A self-serving endeavour, no doubt! I'll be making quite a few masculine cards this year because I want to be happy! And in this week's quest for happiness I'm taking  Skipping Stones Design Sketch #112 and pairing it with the colour combo from Colour Throwdown #176.  












Put the two together and voila! This is what my card looks like:

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's "Like of the Party" pack. I've stitched the card with dark brown floss...it is after all a stronger colour than white. 
I inked the edges of all layers with TH's Vintage Photo distress ink. And I couldn't resist the red bling!
The greeting is by Papermania, stamped with Versamark , Stampendous White EP and  heat set. I cut the red CS with Spellbinders Grommet Tags and matted it on blue CS which I cut with Spellbinders Labels 23.  The blue eyelets are from Woodware and I ran some white baker's twine (the real stuff from my kitchen!) through the holes. 
No foam tape...for a change!
The inside is simple, just a strip to adorn one corner.

I'm linking this card over at Basic Grey Challenges #61 since my fave bling is in the supporting cast.  If you are into BG, this is the place go.

I hope you enjoyed this visit. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Those colors are fabulous!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    hugs,
    JoAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, fantastic colors and mix of patterns! What a great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in the Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the fun bright colors with the woodgrain! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Skipping Stones Designs Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love the patterns and shapes you chose! Thanks for playing along with the SSD Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! this really is a great card,i don't find mens cards that easy to do- just love it.
    thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges,
    Good Luck!!
    hugs Lou and the BG dt.xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...