Monday, 30 January 2012

Best Wishes

Sometimes a card just will not behave. It will not be what I want it to be. It fights me and throws a tantrum until I finally give in and say: "Be as you are, I'm done with you!" This week's Mojo card was a brat from the get go. The sketch itself is pretty straight forward, allowing for much creative possibilities. But noooo! Things were not so smooth for me. In fact, it took me 3 WHOLE hours to come up with this square number! Mojo? No, ma'am. Today I had none!

First, I embossed my square card base with Cuttlebug's "Swiss Dots" embossing folder. Then I changed my mind. I die cut some blue CS with Spellbinder's Square Eyelet die to do...I can't remember what. At that point I remembered something my sister had suggested some while back - ribbon weaving - and I headed down that road,  taking advantage of the eyelets.  Papers? I grabbed Doodlebug's "Boys" pack.
My intention was to make a card for a dear couple who had just adopted a baby boy.  Their journey had been hard but they finally got their happy ending. I did not think the traditional new baby card would be appropriate. This stamp by Adam Pescott, a teddy bear delicately holding a butterfly, seemed to capture the realisation of their 10-year quest. I water-coloured the image with Caran d'Ache Supracolors.  
My final take on embellishments: pearl swirls and a couple of beaded gypsophalias. (Before that I battled with buttons, charms, more ribbons, buds, blooms and bling!) I embossed some brown CS with the Swiss Dots folder, attached it across the card and did some faux stitching there. The rest of the panels got the real stitching treatment!  
Here's the inside. I left myself plenty of room since I tend to go on and on and on...!
That's my Mojo card this week. I've also linked this card over at PaperPlaytime Challenge #66. Also, its all about ribbons at Do You Stack Up #56, and you'll find my card there too! As always, I'm sharing my card on Make It Monday. Try to stop by these blogs - well worth a visit for a creative pick-me-up!

Thanks for dropping in and I'll see you at my next post!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty!!Yes I agree today mojo is throwing me off a little as well, but it was worth the time for you the card is just Beautiful. also I am now your follower...
    Hugs Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you did the ribbon! So precious! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Remember, to be in the running to win second prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so delicate and precious. Its a wonderful baby boy card...certainly one to be treasured for many years to come and serve as a reminder to him and his family how special they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! Love how you have used the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love your card, you did a great job. It is very soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing with everyone - your Sponsors at www.CropStop.com!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...