Monday, 9 January 2012

Best Wishes

Mojoday again...and another great sketch!

Today I'm making a card to send a friend who will be having her tonsils removed at a ripe old age of 40-something! Most Get Well cards tend to be reserved, with some bordering on "With Sympathy"... not something I'd like to receive from anyone. I make mine loud and cheerful. And so, against this week's Mojo backdrop, I came up with this cheery little number ...complete with flowers that will not wilt!
The red CS for the card base is by Bazill. The background paper is from Basic Grey's "Picadilly" pack. The yellow and green panels come from WRMK's "Travel Light" pack. I stitched all the panels. 
I cut the dotted circles with Nellie Snellens's Flower die (MFD020). I adhered the mulberry paper rosed with some glue gots. I wanted some "sunshine" on this card, hence the yellow panel and roses.  The greeting is from Papermania's "Sentiments" set.
I punched the lacy edge for the green panel with X-Cut's Leafy Lace Decorative Border Punch. And to finish, some aqua organdy ribbon and bow.
As always, I hoisted everything up on foam tape!
On the inside, a strip of roses from Basic Grey.  Coloured card bases are great, but the inside has to be lined with some white...a little extra work, but well worth it.


I've also shared this card on Make-It-Monday and CES Challenges. Great places for inspiration.


Thanks for dropping in. Hope you enjoyed the visit and I'll see you at my next post!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Asha. Thanks for visiting my blog: It has enabled me to find yours. Your cards are beautiful!
    I love this one, how you've interpreted the sketch and the Picadilly papers.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful, happy, sunny, get well card Asha...gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love it! Thank you so much for linking up at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM; the more comments left, the greater your chance of winning!
    Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The real thing looks even better than in the picture.
    You see it when you hold it in your hand :)

    Well done, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so cheerful and pretty!! love it! Saw this on Make it Monday, also thank you for your lovely comments on my blog....have a lovely day hun!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...