Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Be My Valentine

 Back to Valentine cards...but this is not for me. Last week, my neighbour's 14 year-old son asked me what card he should get his "candy-pop" (where do they learn these things?!!) for Valentine's Day. The little lady is into Pink (the singer and colour) and Hello Kitty Seriously?! A cat with no mouth and whiskers growing out from the side of its head?! I guess at 14 anatomical accuracy is not top priority. I told him I would think about it and get back to him with some ideas. Young Romeo has volunteered to pay me for my services. He suggested a week walking my dogs and I might take him up on that offer!  I went for something simple, classy while screaming PINK. Skipping Stones Designs sketch challenge #111 had the perfect backdrop.
And here's what I've come up with:

No patterned papers here. I embossed a piece of white CS with Cuttlebug's "Swiss Dots",  stamped the 4 hearts on some whote CS with Memento Angel Pink, applied some Zig Glue inside each heart and sprinkled Papermania's Hot Pink glitter. I then punched each out with a 5/8" circle punch and adhered to some hot pink CS which I cut with Spellbinders' Heart Circle die. 
 I found some matching sheer ribbon in my stash and tied a cute little bow. (I believe Miss Kitty has a bow stuck on its heads.)
The sentiment is by Dovecraft, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on the same hot pink CS. I fishtailed the outer end, curled the strip and stuck it down with glue dots. The little hearts are also sitting on pop dots.
 Plenty of space on the inside for a romantic poem...or two.
I've also linked this card over at Craft Room's CAS challenge. Well worth a visit for some great creative work.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope to see you at my next post!

9 comments:

  1. This is so super cute! Thanks so much for joining us over at Skipping Stones Design this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great card! I love the embossing! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at SSD! :)

    hugs,
    Jo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card - gorgeous colours, thanks for the kind words about our challenge and for joining us at Craft-Room..Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a kind and generous Mum you are, making this lovely card for your son. Thank you for sharing this second project with us at Craft-Room good luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, and it's perfect for our CAS challenge. A beautiful card, and I'm thinking that I could charge everyone who has a card with a week of dog walking - I'd never have to do it again - what a fantastic idea! Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! love the added shimmer from the glitter! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your valentine card. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sweet card! Thanks for joining us this week for the Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, so pretty, a perfect Valentine. Thanks for playing at Skipping Stones Design this week.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...