Friday, 27 January 2012

Anniversary

Make Over Monday Challenge #11 and my resolve not to make a Valentine's card stands firm. However I did make a card for the celebration of enduring love: an anniversary card. The inspiration piece for the challenge is this card by Lisa Johnson of Poppy Paperie.
My card is for my cousin. She's into all things pink and shiny and her dear husband... well, he likes whatever she likes!
The patterned papers are from Papermania's Confetti collection.  This is a very simple card .... almost CAS?!
I stitched the panels with light grey embroidery floss and tied a bow with some saddle back chocolate ribbon. A very yummy colour!
The greeting is from Papermania's Confetti Anniversary set. I stamped in with Memento Rich Cocoa. I used 2 label dies from Spellbinders: Labels 14 for the pink CS and Labels 20 for the white. I stencilled the white with TH's Tattered Rose...maybe I should have used Spun Sugar instead. Too late now! 
Some foam tape to hoist up the labels and pink rhinestones swirls complete the card. 
I gave myself plenty of room inside for some "words of wisdom"!
This week at Papertake Weekly the theme is Happy Highlights. I've posted this card there to show off the pink bling! And over at Charisma Cardz its challenge #3 "Pretty in Pink"...how could I not submit?!

You'll also find it over at Make It Monday #73 - tons of cute cards here!


Thank you for visiting my blog. And I hope to see you again at my next post!

6 comments:

  1. Such a beauty! I hope you will join me again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! LOVE the brown ribbon with all that pink! Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful and I love the tattered rose ink, it compliments the border paper and that ribbon perfectly! Nicely done. :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
    Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sentiment label detail on this beautiful card . Thanks for sharing on make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty card Asha! thanks for joining in at Charisma this week! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card....inside and out! Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...