Wednesday, 11 January 2012

4 Li'l Cupcakes

Back to the Valentine's theme for CPS Challenge #250, but this time I went for a young fresh look. I had my nieces in mind when I made this card. My sister makes truly spectacular cupcakes and it comes as no surprise that my nieces have acquired quite a taste for these delectable miniatures. The sketch itself is adorable and it did not need any fancy frills to make it shine...other than the Stickles I shamelessly slathered on. I like the way it turned out: simple and sweet.

The patterned papers are from Daisy and Dandelion's "Candy-floss and Marshmallow" pack. I hand stitched the background paper, added 4 yellow mini-brads at the corners and ran a pink floral print grosgrain ribbon along the middle.
The little squares are cut with smallest die from Spellbinders Fleur-de-Lis Squares.  The little cupcakes are  from a stamp set by Papermania, which I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Westcountry Elegance Satin 300gsm white CS and coloured with Promarkers. I fussy-cut the cupcakes and adhered them on each square with pop-dots. On the centre square, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark, applied Stampendous White Opaque EP and heat set it. Then flooded the hearts with Stickles - got to have the shine!
Fair bit of dimension on this card. 
Kept it simple on the inside. I used X-Cut Decorative Border Punch for the strip. 

I've also shared this card over at Anything Goes Blog and CES's Anything Goes challenge. Great sites bursting with creativity.


Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!


3 comments:

  1. Well done...I would love for you to link it up in my new card making meme, 52 Card Pickup, here: http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, so cute!! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card, thanks for playing at anything goes this week.hugs trace x dt

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...