Saturday, 31 December 2011

Wishful Thinking

I made this card for the CASE Study Challenge #71, it is also my first card for Valentine's Day 2012. I did not deviate much from Amy Sheffer's card which was the inspiration for this week's challenge.

The patterned papers used in my card are from Fancy Pants' "Wishful Thinking" pack. I love the soft colours and aged look of this paper pack. My card base is red and measures 4.25"x5.5"

I lightly sanded the patterned paper for a worn-out feel. Then I ran it through my Bigshot with the Craft Too "Love Heart" embossing folder. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz's "Tattered Rose" Distress Ink and lightly sponged the surface with the same ink to bring out the embossed pattern.  
I cut out the hearts using Nellie Snellen's Multi Frame Die "Heart" MFD022. The sentiment is by Papermania and I stamped it using Memento Rich Cocoa.  I adhered flat-back pearls all around the larger heart. There's also a baby pink mulberry rose and a lilac bow to the right.
I also stuck on a strip of paper from the same pack. The ribbon used to make the ruffles is actually white with black hearts. I sponged it with Tim Holtz's "Antique Linen" and "Tattered Rose" Distress Ink, made the ruffles with the help of some red-liner tape and gave it a clean finish with some lilac satin ribbon.  
All lovey-dovey on the inside. The bold greeting is from Papermania's Typography Clear Stamp series. I stamped it using Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with Promarkers by Letraset. 

Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, gret dp and love that heart. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...