Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Wish Upon a Star


So, it's time for another MojoMonday card. I knocked this up fairly quickly simply because I've got 4 birthday cards and 2 anniversary cards to make and mail by the end of the week. Oh, and did I mentioned that I am waaaay behind on my Christmas cards? Enough of the moaning and on to this week's card. Here is the sketch:

I've been meaning to use the polar bear stamps from Adam Prescott's "Winter Wonderland" set, but never quite found the right sketch, until now.
The patterned papers are from Papermania's "Mistletoe and Kisses" pack. I went with a cool icy palette...for the polar bears of course!
I used Spellbinders Labels 14 to cut the greeting and inked it with Versacolor "Sage".

The image is from Adam Prescott's "Winter Wonderland", stamped using Memento "Tuxedo Black". I used Caran d'Ache Supracolors to colour wash: 003 Light Grey, 005 Grey, 141 Sky Blue, 161 Light Blue, 211 Jade Green and 498 Silver. I coloured scarf with a Red Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Glitter pen.

I mounted the image on foam pads for dimension and did some hand stitching to frame the card. Some silver ribbon and plenty of clear gemstones icy bling complete the polar theme.

Enough room inside for personal message.

Kitty news:
Here's a picture of Xiara. She's looking up straight into the camera. Cute!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute. I love the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that image is adorable. love it!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday
    xo, Kristina
    Please stop by and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...