Thursday, 29 December 2011

Well done, Rebecca!

We just received some wonderful news. Our dear friend, Pete called to say that he and Rebecca are expecting their first baby! Yay!!! The little nipper (or nippette) is scheduled to arrive some time in July next year. I made them this card to send all the way to a warm and sunny place in Brisbane, Australia. (As if I needed an excuse to make a card!)

The sketch is from Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge #108 and the patterned papers are from Dovecraft and WRMK. I don't make a habit of mixing papers but I wanted something bright and sunny and happy and summery....well, you get the picture. Since we don't know (yet) if it's a boy or girl, there's a little bit of pink and blue to keep everybody happy.

The focal image is a silhouette from the Cricut "New Arrival" cartridge. Love the way she's skipping off ... for a spot of retail therapy, I bet! Anywho, here's my card:
The yellow plaid background paper is from WRMK's "Travel Light" pack. The pink and blue panels are from Dovecraft's "Sugar & Spice" collection. I hand-stitched all the panels. There are no bulky embellishments because this card has to travel light (!) by airmail all the way to sunny Brisbane.
I ran a piece of vanilla cardstock through my Bigshot using Spellbinder's Nestabilities Fleur-de-Lis Rectangles die, inked the edges with Tim Holtz's "Antique Linen" and a spot of "Vintage Photo" on the four corners.  The little lady measures 3" tall and I stuck her onto the decorative panel using some pop dots. 







On the inside, I adhered a strip of border paper from the "Sugar & Spice" collection.     




















Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

5 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for playing along with us this week at SSD!

    hugs,
    Jo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Love that silhouette! So, perfect for a mommy-to-be! Thanks so much for playing along this week over at SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card for your friend! Love the colors too. Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stone Design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute!! I appreciate seeing the inside of your card! I always wonder waht others do on the inside!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...