Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Through the Window

I made this card for our vets who have done a phenomenal job this year on all our fur-babies. It had to be a special card from all the furries. The inspiration came from some of my favourite designers: GinaK, Dawn Olchefsky, Tami White, Andrea Walford, Kristina Werner, Laura Denison to name a few. Here is a mish-mash of some of the techniques I learnt from them and made to a level that I could handle!

The door is made from pearlescent brown cardstock which I scored at 1/4"  intervals. The wreath is made of 2 layers: the bottom is a rossette from some scrap Christmas designer paper and the top layer is green cardstock cut with Nellie Snellen's Flower die MFD020 - all of which I smothered with Frosted Lace and Crystal Stickles. I stuck a medium sized red rhinestone in the middle. 
The window pane is made from a piece of acetate. On the sill, I applied some Silver Liquid Pearls and Frosted Lace Stickles  for snow. Just so that the window wouldn't look too bare, I stuck on some leafy peel-offs at the corners.
The acetate window pane is obvious from the side.
On the inside, we have more peel-offs. The tree is cut with a Marianne Designs die, which I decorated with clear, red and green rhinestones. The presents were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black and I paper-pieced with various scrap Christmas designer papers. The background paper is from "Forever Friends". On the left is my entire furry brood: André, Xiara the cat, Rosie with a toy dog and li'l Snoopy at the top right.  


Merry Christmas and a Joyful New Year to all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...