Tuesday, 27 December 2011

New Wheels

Recently, a couple of close friends bought a new set of wheels. Why? They've (finally) decided it was time to start a family. First on their to-do list was to get a more appropriate vehicle: a family car.
To commemorate this momentous occasion, I made them a card. The "Travel Light" collection by We R Memory Keepers fit the bill. The card is based on a sketch from the Dec 2010 MojoMonday challenge. I tweaked it a little to keep the lines straight and simple.

I picked 2 papers from the "Travel Light" collection: the green background paper is called "Punch Card" and the yellow panel on the left is called "Traffic Jam". In keeping with the retro theme, I inked the edges with Tim Holtz's "Antique Linen" Distress Ink.  
That cute focal image is the border on the "Traffic Jam" paper. I just love the retro look of this paper collection.
The greeting is from Dovecraft Clear Sentiments and I stamped it directly onto the patterned paper with Memento Tuxedo Black.
I hand-stitched the layers, added the red gingham ribbon for a pop of colour and threw in some black brad by Woodware because they look like tyres... at least to me they do!


Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat card!! Great colors and papers!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...