Friday, 23 December 2011

Festive Gift Card Holders

'Tis 2 days before Christmas and I'm still cutting, stamping and inking?!!! That's right! Despite my efforts to have a smooth sailing panic free eve of Christmas eve, I'm here racing to finish off these projects. When I say efforts, I refer to my relentless nagging to get my husband to organise his Christmas presents so that I have time to wrap and tag them for him. And does he do it? NOOOO! Just like every year before, his last-minute festive inspiration materialises as gift-cards. I'm not one to get creative under pressure, but I managed to churn out these 4 gift-card holders. Not terribly exciting: same basic design with decorative variations, but not too bad for an eleventh hour effort...maybe...
(Note to self: I've got to get that man better organised next year...)

The patterned papers are from Papermania's Signature Collection "A Christmas Carol". These are linen papers with a vintage / Victorian feel. I really love this collection. The stamps are from WMS "Vintage Ornaments" and "Compliments of the Season" sets. I heat embossed all the ornaments with either Sticky Fingers Metallic Gold fine embossing powder or Stampandous' Fine White embossing powder. For the greetings I used Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa. For the inking the edges I used Tim Holtz's Distress Inks in "Vintage Photo", "Walnut Stain" and "Tumbled Glass".

Allow me to introduce the family: I made this one for my mother in law. She likes rich dark colours and all things vintage.
Here's the front all tied up in ribbon. (Got to trim the edges - its fraying!)
Here's the inside. The base is made from Cafe au Lait cardstock. I matted the inside, with some space for a personal message.
The gift card slot into the middle pocket. 
 I matted the front and back so as to hide the seam at the spine. 

 This next card will make its way to my older sister in law. The same basic structure but I went for what she is most passionate about: all things chocolate.
This is a close up of the ornament. I stamped it in Versamark, applied gold embossing powder and heat set the lot. The cardstock  is a shimmery dark chocolate - and it looks good enough to eat! 

This card here is for my younger sister in law. She likes fresh, clean colours...I think...I hope... Anyways, I wanted to stick to the vintage Victorian theme I had going but with more vibrant Christmas colours. I threw in the Lime Green matt to perk things up!
I embossed the ornament with white embossing powder
This last gift card holder is for my niece. She's 19 and I think her definition of "in" does not include stuff that her grandmother, mother or aunt find "cool". So for her, I pulled out my Doodlebug papers and went for a non-traditional Christmas look. Still wintery but a lot lighter than the rest.


 Finally, here is a group shot!


Merry Christmas everybody. Here's to a happier, healthier and brighter New Year.
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...