Thursday, 15 December 2011

Deck Those Halls!

This is my card for the Paper Crafter's Library "Makeover Monday" challenge. I'm posting my card on Thursday...a wee bit late, I'd say! This is very easy card, the only real work lay in the embossing.

The patterned papers are from the "Berry Merry" collection by Jennifer Ellory The stamps are by Waltzing Mouse. I absolutely adore WMS's vintage stamps.

I used just one patterned paper because it looked so good on its own. The  vintage ornament is strung through and tied to the top of the patterned layer and then adhered to the card base. I aslo attached Festive Berry brads to the 4 corners.
I cut and embossed the ornaments with Spellbinder's 2010 Heirloom Ornament dies on Cherry cardstock.. I stamped WMS Vintage Ornament with Versamark on Burgundy cardstock, applied gold embossing powder and heat set the lot. Then I cut the heat-embossed ornaments close to the edge and adhered them to the die cuts using foam pads. The sentiment is also from the same WMS set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on to Spellbinder's Beaded Oval die-cut. The beady bits were stencilled with Versacolor Sage. 
You can see the double layer of the ornaments in the side view. Of course I could not resist adding some gold adhesive stones and  dots of Stickles for some sparkle.
Some more of that pretty paper on the inside, but there's plenty of space for a long-winded message!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...