Friday, 25 November 2011

Winter Wonderland

I'm a great fan of Andrea Walford, and it's no secret that I shamelessly stalk her creative moves. She has this weekly challenge called Makeover Monday and finally I plucked up the courage to submit my card. This is Andrea's card and below is my take on it.

The card itself was pretty simple and did not take long to finish. I may have spent more time mulling over what paper to use as I did not want to stamp the background. On hindsight I probably should have steered clear of snowflakes, anywho...next time I'll try harder to be different!

Patterned paper form MME "Snowed In". Chipboard die-cut from same collection. Single layer matting and some hand stitching to frame the card.

I stamped small snowflakes in Versacolor "Silver" over the original print on the paper, applied snowflake glitter embossing powder and heat set the lot for texture and shine. The chipboard greeting was liberally smothered in Versamark and same embossing powder. 

I then inked the edges of the die-cut greeting with Versacolor "Scarlet", dotted the "i" with a blue gemstone and stuck clear ones to the centre of each snowflake. 

I decided not to stamp a sentiment inside, but gave it some colour with punched paper from the same MME collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...