Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Still thinking...

I don't know why but this week's MojoMonday card did not come together as planned. Here's the sketch:


I started off making a Christmas card. Then I my sister called and said that our cousin's husband had been admitted to hospital and I thought - "Get Well" card. It suddenly dawned on me the the colours were far from masculine. He deserves another card. Then I thought of a friend whose step-dad passed away last Friday: perhaps a "With Sympathy" card. By then I was halfway through planting my row red flowers. Way too cheerful for the occasion. So, what now? Birthday? Thank You? Hello? Valentines? And that is how this card ended up as "Thinking of You"...that'll buy me time to decide.

Background: pearlescent card stock embossed using Crafts-Too's "Daisy & Swirl" folder and on the panels: X-Cut Decorative Border Punch "Flower Doily"

I stamped the greeting using VersaColor "Silver", applied "Snowflake Twinkle" embossing powder and heat-set the lot. The middle panel is a row of little die-cut felt blossoms. 

Some faux stitching in blue to frame the card and gold adhesive gemstones on each flower.

Kitty update:
Xiara's surgery went well. All visible lumps and bumps removed. She's home, resting and healing. Here are some pix:

Friday 11/11/11: First night home after surgery. Warm, fuzzy and completely doped up!
Saturday 12/11/11: Awake and looking better.


1 comment:

  1. I looked at your gallery and you cards are beautiful!!! I'm your newest follower!
    This post makes me smile... glad I'm not the only one who has brain freeze in creativity sometimes! It still turned out great!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...