Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Noel

I'm late with this week's MojoMonday card. It's been a difficult week health-wise for just about everybody here. On Monday I took Xiara for her bi-monthly check-up and the vet detected 2 new lumps. We've decided to have them removed as soon as poss, ie tomorrow. As she's been coping well with her current treatment we've hoping there wouldn't be any more new lumps, but cancer never plays by the rules. We're praying for her.


On to this week's card: the sketch looked simple enough, or so I thought. But I was having such a tough time putting it down to paper. And so, 3 days later, here's what, I've come up with:

Front: The patterned paper is from Papermania's Signature "Linen" collection. The vellum from Papermania's "Classic Christmas" A4 pack. 

The bird on the branch is cut from a Marianne Creatables die. The dotted circle is cut from Nellie Snellen's flower die

Side: the card looked a little dark so I stuck on Anita's gold peel-offs to shed some light 


Inside: WMS stamp. Edges inked with Tim Holtz's "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink.


Just for fun, here's a photo of Xiara and Snoopy indulging in some traditional Mediterranean siesta.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I took a minute to click even tho the picture is not showing (at least on MY computer!) This is a beautiful card! Good luck with your feline friend.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...