Thursday, 24 November 2011

Glad tidings

My mojo wasn't late this week. In fact, I had this card floating about in my head since Monday, just that I could hardly find the time to make it. The sketch is easy and I didn't have to mull over it, much.  

For my card, I rotated the sketch and made some small changes, but it's all there. I used red, green and gold but in muted tones and so the card isn't terribly traditional. Still, you'd recognise it as Christmas.

Patterned papers: "Henbury Lane" by Papermania. The green "brads" are Cardcandis - legless brads.

The Christmas ornaments are cut using Spellbinders dies and lots of Stickles for sparkle.

The greeting is a die cut by Hunkydory. I hand stitched the panels using "Old Gold" embroidery floss. Everything is stuck on using foam pads for dimension.

Kept the inside simple for personal message. I punched the side panel with X-cut Leafy Border Punch 

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice take on the sketch! I like the 'glad tidings' sentiment, kind of unique!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday
    Please stop by and say hello!
    xo Kristina
    www.PearlGateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, this article was very useful and well presented.
    I like your quality that you put into your post.
    Simran Kaur
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...