Friday, 21 October 2011

Ye Olde Cake Shoppe

I've always been fascinated by the "awning card". So, after some serious on-line research and tips from Dawn Olchefske, I set about making my own cake shoppe on a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" tent card. It was no where near as daunting as I thought it would be. 

I had no one in mind for this card. Since I just wanted to have a go at making one I grabbed the last stamp used: "Thank You". So here's something from me to me...with gratitude! ;-p

This card has potential and would work for any occasion. How about an apothecary for Halloween or bakery with gingerbread men for Christmas. Perhaps a flower shop for Mother's Day or a tool shed for Father's Day. The possibilities are endless. I think I'm going to have a go at the variations...that would be fun.


Those lil' cakes look like their sitting on the counter. How cool is that!


Little cupcakes all in a row.


Close-up - yummy yummy!

No one has sent me an entire cake shop to say thank you... but I live in hope! 

That's all from me today. Thanks for dropping in and I hope to see you around soon!

Also linking this up with MIM #100. Pop on over there for some stunning creations for its centenarian post.

Beijinhos!

Supplies:
Card stock: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White 110lb card stock  
Patterned Paper: Crafts Too 6x6 Designer Paper Pad "Lines and Dots"
Stamp: Papermania Confetti Wedding Sentiments set
Ink: Memento "Rich Cocoa"; VersaMark
Die: Spellbinders Grommet Tags set
Colour: Koh-i-Noor Mondeluz Aquarelle pencils
Others: Ribbon;160gsm layering card stock in Soft Pink and Cocoa; Fiskars Scallop-edge scissors; Stampendous "Detail White Opaque"; heat tool; Liquid Pearl; Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze Pen-Red (819); Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.

6 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha

    This is such a sweet card, I love the awning. The way that the embossing and papers co-ordinate is just perfect.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Asha . Fabulous creation . LOVE this card design . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Asha! This creation is gorgeous & just so yummy :)

    Btw, I saw you on MIM.

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    PS - I invite you to join Tuesday Alchemy's newest challenge at http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw you over at MIM - what a super cute piece... good enough to eat!
    Alison x
    #184

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #84, #129, #91, #157, #158 and #277.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...