Saturday, 1 October 2011

It's a girl!

My cousin's new baby girl is expected to make her grand appearance any day now. In anticipation of that special day, I've gone ahead and made this card for them. I know the superstitious among you will be gasp in horror and wave an admonishing finger at my precipitous intervention... but this card has to find its way to Singapore, which in my mind justifies throwing caution to the wind. In any case, I won't post it until she makes her debut!

Here it is, my 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" candy-floss creation. Usually, too much pink sends me into a diabetic coma, not this time. I actually enjoyed making this card, which was inspired by a baby-mobile I saw in a magazine not too long ago. The broderie anglaise lace trim reminds me of the old-fashioned crib dressings and I added a bottle charm because it was just toooo cute to ignore! The patterned papers are from Doodlebug and the whole thing is held together with some hand-stitching (what else?!)

Front
Close-up
Side
Inside
Supplies:
Card stock: TGP Bleed-free 300gsm Pure White Ultra Shine
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug "Girl" kit
Punch: Woodware 5/8" Circle, Oval and Scalloped Oval
Stamp: Personal Impressions "Double Sayings", Forever Friends Hand Script Alphabet clear stamp set
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Others: Pink satin ribbons; DMC embroidery floss; 160gsm layering card stock in Baby Pink; Stickles by Ranger in Frosted Lace; pink flat-packed mini pearls; Papermania mini brads; Fiskars scalloped scissors; Uniball Signo white gel pen; broderie anglaise lace trim, bottle charm 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...