Monday, 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween!

It's finally here - the grand gala of ghosts and ghouls. Of course, I'm way to old to play dress-up and / or fleece candy off the neighbours. A decent dinner with like-minded ladies is right up my spooky alley. Its about time we claimed our place on the holiday calendar. This dinner is a tribute to the time-honoured Witches:  Mothers-in-law and Step-mothers!

I've made some party favours for the sister-witches in 2 design variations. These cute little gable boxes are filled with ghost shaped meringues. This year the little ghouls didn't stand tall and proud. The humidity in my kitchen ( we had torrential showers recently) was a nightmare to deal with. On the upside, the meringues turned out crisp on the outside and soft & gooey on the inside. (Yes - I did some QC while packing!).

As soon as I post this, I'll be off on my broom to partake in some diabolically delicious food and a whole load of cackling good fun! Happy Halloween, everybody!
2 designs choices for my sister-witches
"Good Little Witch" box - tag from Fancy Pants' "Oct 31"
Embossed greeting - WMS stamp & Stampendous embossing powder
Back of "Good Little Witch" box - spooky skulls
"A Little Magic" box - tag from Fancy Pants' "Oct 31"
Close up: tag on Nellie Snellen's Heaxagon die
Back of "A Little Magic" box - bats stamped with VersaMark
No tricks, just 2 blob-like sweet treats in each box

Supply list to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...