Thursday, 20 October 2011

Birthday Bear

A friend asked me to make a card for her mother-in-law. One of the cards from the "Set of Minis" that I made last month caught her eye. This time 'round I went for a larger 5"x5" card, and although I stuck to the original theme, I made some minor changes...for the better, I hope. I dressed up the die-cuts with some stitching and chose a larger image to stamp, which was a lot more fun to colour in with my aquarelle pencils. Of course, I could not resist throwing in some gemstones!

Front: simple and clean
Close-up: little doggie and his teddy-bear in hand-stiched die-cut
Side: double bow
Inside: more Nellie Snellen hand-stitched die cuts   

Supplies:
Card stock: TGP Bleed-free 300gsm Pure White Ultra Shine
Patterned Papers: Papermania "Capsule" collection
Dies: Nellie Snellen Multi Frames Die Round MFD011
Stamp: Adam Prescott "Gorgeous Pet" set; Papermania "Sentiments" set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Colour: Koh-i-Noor Mondeluz Aquarelle Pencils
Others: satin ribbon; DMC embroidery floss; 160gsm layering card stock; Papermania Adhesive Gemstones

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...