Tuesday, 25 October 2011

A Card for Xiara

For my Mojo card this week, I was determined to stay away from the spooky and glitzy. A "just because" card would do nicely, thank you very much.

This card is dedicated to my darling kitty "Xiara". Ok, so I'm turning into one of those weird ol' ladies who lives in a shoe surrounded by feline fur-balls, but I just couldn't help it. She is so darn cute and was just sitting there on my cutting mat waiting to be included...at least that's how I chose to see it!

Point to note: this card features an elegant kitty, just as Xiara must have been many many rains ago (very vague flashbacks...) Now at 11, this grand ol' dame has accumulated considerable cuteness in her girth. I picked pink and went for a daisy embossed background because I suspect these to be her favourite things (see kitty pix at end of post). The patterned papers are from HOTP's "Bohemian" pack.

Front
Close-up
Side
Inside
Supplies:
Card stock: TGP Bleed-free 300gsm Pure White Ultra Shine
Patterned Papers: "Bohemian sarapapers" by HOTP
Stamp: Andrea Jayne Evans "Pampered Pets - Sitting Pretty"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Colour: Caran D'Ache Prismalo Pencils
Others: satin ribbon; DMC embroidery floss; 160gsm layering card stock; Papermania Adhesive Gemstones; X-Cut Decorative Border Punch "Lace Trim"; Crafts Too Embossing Folder "Daisies".


And now, some pictures of my muse:
In the garden, she just lay there while the bougainvillaea fell all around and on her!
 A moment of Zen - watching the fish swim by.
Happiness is napping with a friend in fuzzy pink jumper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...